We believe in a world where everyone — no matter who we are or where we come from — deserves a second chance. To honor the clients we serve by embedding diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice in all we do, and celebrating with them as they are empowered to create lasting change. We recognize that to accomplish our mission of empowering justice-involved individuals to thrive in life, our work must help break down barriers, bring people of all backgrounds together, and generate equity, respect, and lasting change.
To do this, we commit to working strategically and collaboratively towards the following actions:
- Build a racial equity lens into our organization’s strategic planning, policy, operations, and culture;
- Recruit board members who reflect the demographics of our community;
- Support volunteers to engage in culturally responsive practices;
- Explicitly promote racial equity and inclusion in our organization’s management and practices;
- Acknowledge and value the intersections of race/ethnicity, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, citizenship status, ability, age, national origin, political views, and religions/spiritual identities;
- Amplify voices and efforts of those most impacted by structural educational and economic inequities;
- Actively identify, name, and work to replace policies, practices, procedures, programs, and structures that perpetuate systems of oppression and inequity within our organization and the broader community;
- Partner strategically with other organizations and stakeholders to challenge racial and ethnic inequity and systems of oppression.